Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Manly Vegan

Sad as it sounds, it seems that many super-manly-macho American men resist the benefits of a plant based diet because of  some distorted "wimpy" or "weak" stigma attached to eating plants.  How disheartening that our men feel that to be men the must consume, and only consume, heart-stopping amounts of processed meat!!

Here are some examples of very manly, strong men, even uber-athletes that have realized the physical and mental benefits of plant protein over animal protein.

For the dudes:

Lance Armstrong vegan


Lance Armstrong Is (Mostly) Vegan, Proving Even Mainstream Athletes Don’t Need Meat


pacquiao vs. bradley
Boxer Timothy Bradley Jr. Says A Vegan Diet Will Help Him Beat Manny Pacquiao


Image
UFC Fighter Mac Danzig's Vegan Diet


scott jurek diet ultramarathon
Ultramarathoner Scott Jurek Says Veganism Made Him Run Better—Physically and Mentally


 
Channing Tatum Went Vegan To Get Even Hotter For New Stripper Film


Photo: "I’m a lot stronger than I was when I was eating meat. Most of your most powerful animals in the wild are vegetarian, so I’m trying to get my strength to that level." - Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who recently said that he gave up meat more than three years ago
"I’m a lot stronger than I was when I was eating meat. Most of your most powerful animals in the wild are vegetarian, so I’m trying to get my strength to that level." - Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, who recently said that he gave up meat more than three years ago


Check out more "beefy" dudes who know that being a real man means eating with integrity: GREAT VEGAN ATHLETES



No comments:

Post a Comment