Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vegan Nachos



I know what you're thinking.  You're wondering about the paradox of cheeseless nachos. And you know what? I thought the very same thing.  However, once I got over it and fixed myself a heaping pile of this fresh plant-y goodness, I have honestly never missed the cheese- not for one second.  It just tastes better, and I FEEL better after devouring nachos made this way.  Here's a thought: remember all of the times you've washed a plate after eating cheese nachos? Remember how that once melted now hardened cheese clung to the plate? Yeah, that same scenario is happening inside your gut. It really is just as difficult for your body to process as it is to scrape off the dirty plate. So skip the cheese already!


Ingredients:
  • Tortilla chips (my favorite are Xochitl)
  • Beans (the very BEST are Amy's Organic Vegetarian Refried Black Beans. Seriously, I could eat them with a spoon straight out of the can.)
  • Corn
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced and diced
  • a generous dusting of nutritional yeast (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced with seeds/veins removed
  • a handful of torn cilantro leaves
Layer on a plate in the order above and thoroughly enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment